South Central Mountains Region Task Force
- The South Central Mountain Regional Task Force provides all-hazards planning, mitigation, response, and recovery services to the citizens of the eight county region.
- The South Central Mountains Regional Task Force provides All-Hazards preparedness and response services to the citizens of Bedford, Blair, Centre, Fulton, Huntington, Juniata, Mifflin, and Snyder counties.
- Send Us an Email
- Contact the South Central Mountain Regional Task Force via email
The South Central Mountains Regional Task Force (SCMRTF) was formed in 1998 in response to the growing threat of the use of Weapons of Mass Destruction (WMD) and the regional effect of a potential incident. One of nine such Regional Task Forces in Pennsylvania, the SCMRTF has grown to provide "All-Hazards" preparedness, mitigation, prevention, protection, response and recovery services to the citizens of the eight-county region.
Key Task Force Programs
- The development, training and exercising of specialized response teams to augment first responders during emergent events or terrorist incidents.
- The purchase and proceduralization of interoperable communications, allowing real time access to information by all area public safety and security agencies.
- Planning and exercising in preparation for large scale public health events, such as a pandemic.
Ready to Help
The South Central Mountains Regional Task Force stands ready to support local responders and integrate state and federal assets to protect the eight county South Central Pennsylvania Region.